In this article, we show you the best android tricks to get the most out of your device and become a professional of this operating system.
Android is an operating system with enormous potential. Users can choose to use it simply, without delving too much into its advanced features, or to do the opposite. That is, get the most out of your phone thanks to advanced features. But what are the best tips and tricks you should know?
Here is a selection of the best. Most of them are advanced methods that allow you, among other things, to call your contacts hiding your number, clear the cache of applications or remove ads on your phone. Are you ready to become an Android pro? Do not miss what we show you here!
The best android tricks to get the most out of your mobile
Without further ado, we present to you the best tricks to get the most out of an Android phone. Although there are many others, these are, from our point of view, the most interesting to get the most out of your mobile:
Top 10 Best Android Tricks
How to call with a hidden number on Android
The first of the processes that we recommend is to hide the call or call with a private number.
The steps to follow are very simple:
- Open the settings of the phone application on your mobile.
- Click on Additional services.
- Go into Show Caller ID.
- Tap on Hide number.
On the contrary, if you want to hide your number in a specific call, write the code #31#XXXXXXXXX (replace the Xs with the corresponding phone number)
How to activate and deactivate call forwarding on Android
We are still making calls. In this case, we show you what to do to remove call forwarding or activate it, if necessary.
These are the indications:
- Enter the settings of the phone application.
- Tap on Calling Accounts.
- Tap on the name of the SIM card if you want to apply changes.
- Tap on Call forwarding.
- Tap on each of the sections, for example, Always Forward.
- In the pop-up message, tap on Deactivate.
- If what you want is to enable it, write the phone number to which the diversion should be made.
It’s that simple to cancel call forwarding or enable it on your line.
How to share the data connection with other devices
Sharing mobile data is a way to have Internet on other devices thanks to your phone.
How is it done? Look how easy it is:
- To share WiFi from your phone, open the settings.
- Enter Networks and the Internet.
- Tap on Internet Sharing.
- Tap on Internet Sharing again.
- Turn on the Use Internet Sharing option.
- Search for the WiFi network of your mobile on another device and connect with the password established in the settings
From that moment, your mobile will begin to share the Internet and other devices will be able to connect via WiFi.
How to install or move apps to the microSD card
Let’s talk now about moving apps to SD. This is a very useful procedure that reduces the impact that the software you install has on the internal memory. You have to run the following ADB commands to enable this feature:
- adb shell
- sm list-disks (this returns the ID of the SD card. Remember this number).
- sm partition disk: CARDID private (this formats the card for use as internal storage).
When you have everything ready, it is time to change the storage to the SD card of the applications. Another possibility is to use a specialized tool for this task, such as Link2SD.
As can be seen above, the steps to move to SD thanks to an app are few. It even allows you to explore which are the internal files of the application itself that you are going to carry to the card.
How to clear the cache on Android
Clearing the cache on Android is very simple and helps you improve the performance of your applications. It’s also a way to fix annoying bugs that prevent apps from working normally.
This is what you have to do:
- Long press on an app icon.
- Tap the Information (i) button.
- Open the Storage and cache section.
- Tap on Clear cache.
Additionally, it is possible to delete the entire system cache by going into recovery and running the included cleanup tool.
How to connect your Android mobile to your TV
Viewing the mobile screen on TV is great for viewing the content of your device on a larger screen. It also helps you take advantage of the resolution of your television to view photos or videos. As we explained in the linked article, there is no single way to watch mobile on TV, but the options are very varied.
Here are the most recommended ways:
- Duplicating the screen from the quick settings menu.
- With a compatible cable.
- With a Chromecast or a Fire TV.
- Thanks to technologies like Miracast or DLNA.
How to move all your data and contacts to another Android phone
Many see the change of device as a true odyssey. Some users sweat the fat drop when it comes to importing contacts and synchronizing two mobiles, the old and the new. Fortunately, it is possible to change mobile without losing anything.
To transfer contacts from one mobile to another you have to do this:
- Tap on your account icon.
- In the menu, see if the Device option appears.
- If so, it means some contacts have not been synced to the Google account.
- Click on Device to see all the contacts saved locally.
- Tap Activate to begin synchronization.
- Select the account you want to sync contacts with.
- Sign in to the new phone with the same Google account to see all your contacts.
In this way, you will not be forced to export contacts and it will be easier for you to have your calendar on the new device.
In addition to contacts, with a Google account it is possible to make a copy of the files in Google Drive and WhatsApp chats or have the photos safe with Google Photos. When the jump is from Android to iOS, our advice is to follow the steps proposed by Move to iOS, an official Apple application to migrate between platforms.
How to see saved WiFi passwords on Android
How to know my WiFi password? If you have asked yourself that question, Android helps you solve it.
There are two ways to reveal the WiFi keys on your phone. The first one works if you have root access. All you have to do is this:
Install a specialized file explorer
- Navigate through internal memory to the path /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Open the file with the browser’s built-in text editor.
- Take a look at all the networks memorized in your phone and their passwords.
On the contrary, when you do not have root permissions, it is best to extract this same file thanks to ADB. Run these commands after enabling USB debugging and wiring your device to the PC:
- Open the ADB server and type adb devices. This will detect your device.
- Grant permission to the connection, if necessary.
- Then run the command adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf.
- The password file will be copied to drive C on your computer.
- Open it with a notepad to see your passwords.
Our advice is that you take a look at the guide to discover the WiFi keys of your mobile to know all the details of both processes.
Also read: How to make a full Backup of your Android
How to remove ads and advertising on Android
Removing mobile advertising is a method that can be approached in two different ways.
Which are? The first is to block pop-ups to remove annoying ads. All browsers include a pop-up blocker, a resource used by some websites to display advertising. In Chrome it’s done like this:
- Access the browser settings.
- Click on Site Settings.
- Tap on Pop-ups and redirects.
- Turn off the Pop-ups and redirects options.
The steps are very similar in other browsers. Go to your Edge or Firefox settings to find the pop-up blocker option.
On the other hand, you should know that it is possible to remove ads from Google and applications. There are several ways to do this, but one that works well is to install a VPN that filters and servers.
DNS66 gives you a hand with this issue:
- Launch the app.
- Open the Hosts section and tap on all the lists until only the Adaway hosts file is checked.
- Click on the Start tab.
- Tap on the Start button.
From now on you are browsing with a VPN that removes ads.
How to hide or lock files and apps on Android
Finally, we talk about hiding photos on Android, specific files, or applications.
When you create a folder with a name that starts with a period (.), it is hidden by default. In it you can add the files you prefer and nobody will be able to see them because only you will know of their existence. You can do it with Google Files like this:
- Click on Add new folder.
- Write the name you want, but always with a point in front.
- Go to settings and check the Show hidden files option.
- Navigate to your new folder and add all the files you need.
- Go back to the settings and disable the display of hidden files.
The folder is hidden by default in most file explorers. In addition to this trick, you will find very useful tools such as these:
- File Hide Expert. A tool to hide videos on Android or other individual files.
- KeepSafe. This app acts as a kind of private store that protects photos and videos with a PIN.
- Evie Launcher. An application launcher that has a function to hide applications.
The best android tricks for specific brands of phones
We all know that the Android universe is vast. There are dozens of manufacturers of mobile phones and tablets and many of them do not incorporate pure Android into their devices but rather variations or customization layers that make executing the tips and tricks explained above change a bit. In this way, we can find specific tricks for Xiaomi mobiles since they incorporate their operating system called MIUI which varies slightly from Android stock. The same happens, for example, with Samsung phones, which usually have a One UI customization layer that modifies the interface and makes some menus change location or appearance, or Huawei devices, with their own EMUI user interface.
Therefore, if you cannot execute any of the tricks mentioned above or you cannot find the menus that we mentioned, do not despair, they may be in another place or under another name, depending on the manufacturer of your mobile.